*Please read the contents carefully before submitting an application!
Khan’s Tutorial is a tutoring and mentorship company whose mission is to create upward mobility through education, free community workshops and scholarships for underrepresented youth.
We are looking for an experienced GPA Instructor who can teach lessons, classwork and homework that have been developed internally by a team of experts with decades of experience.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the following qualifications:
- Must have taken the SAT and/or ACT Exam
- SAT Score: at least 1400
- ACT Score: at least 27
- Minimum GPA of at least 3.7 or 90+ average
- Recommended Regents score of 95+
- Recommended AP score 4+ in subjects to be taught
- Ability to teach small groups of 3-8 students in specific subjects (Chemistry and Geometry OR Biology and Algebra)
- Ability to work well with teammates
- Strongly motivated and enthusiastic about teaching and improving student progress
- Punctual, professional, with the ability to motivate, engage and empower students.
- Prior teaching or leadership experience preferred
- IN – PERSON GPA tutoring role (Jackson Heights, Queens)
- Teach our internally developed Common Core curriculum to students for 1-2 days per week (4-8 hours)
- Seeking Saturday, Sunday (11 AM – 3 PM) availability and a 6 month minimum commitment
- Review, record and track student progress
- $18 – $20 per hour starting (based on experience & qualifications)