*Please read the contents carefully before submitting an application!
Khan’s Tutorial is a tutoring and mentorship company whose mission is to create upward mobility through education, free community workshops and scholarships for underrepresented youth.
We have over 25 years of experience in education, helping over 4,300 students gain admission to the NYC Specialized High Schools and thousands in SAT success & college admissions.
We are looking for an experienced SHSAT Instructor who can teach lessons, classwork and homework that have been developed internally by a team of experts with decades of experience.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the following qualifications:
- Graduate of NYC Specialized High School (preferred)
- College sophomore or above
- Strongly motivated and enthusiastic about teaching and improving student progress
- Punctual, professional, with the ability to motivate, engage and empower students.
- Prior teaching or tutoring experience
- Recommended SAT score (1450+)
- REMOTE SHSAT tutoring role
- Teach our internally developed SHSAT curriculum to students for 2-3 days per week (8-12 hours)
- Seeking, Thursday, Fridays & Saturdays/Sundays availability
- Review, record and track student progress
- Administer monthly diagnostic exams to monitor the progress of our students
- Conduct Parent Teacher Conferences after every diagnostic exam
- Part-time position
- Starting Rate: $15.50/hr