As an organization that was founded to empower our community, we stand in solidarity with our black brothers and sisters in demanding an end to police brutality and systemic oppression. Therefore, we demand swift justice for George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and the countless black lives taken away from us by white supremacy in America. Furthermore, we demand accountability for all perpetrators of anti-black violence and swift police reform. As a result, there should be an end to institutionalized racism. Above all, as an organization, each person deserves the right to peaceful protest against it.
As immigrant and minority New Yorkers, we recognize just how much the Civil Rights Movement has contributed to the Immigration Act of 1965 which has afforded us the rights we enjoy today.
Emphatically, It is our responsibility to actively fight racism in our community.
Over the past five years, our organization has ramped up our efforts to support black youth by providing opportunities scholarships, and free workshops. Additionally, our partnerships with community organizations such as Dreamchasers, The Brooklyn Tech Alumni Foundation STEM Pipeline, and Kings Against Violence Initiative are committed to providing educational access and fighting for equity.
Therefore in order to make change, everyone has to do their part. Therefore, here are some ways you can support the movement and demand justice.
- Learn about the movement.
- Sign petitions calling for action.
- Donate to the movement and bail funds.
- Call, write, and visit your elected officials.
- Research political candidates’ stances on BLM and VOTE in all elections. Support representation in government.
- Use your platform to amplify the voices of the black community.
- Have important conversations with your friends and family.
- If you possess privilege, it is important to acknowledge it. Evidently, we utilize it to support the movement and embrace a mindset that advocates for equity and inclusion.
Black Lives Matter